My name is Jordan Wise.
Welcome to my little piece of the world wide web.
I’m a professionally trained Chef and Photographer based in both San Francisco and the Tampa Bay.
I started blogging back in 2011, on a shared desk in a small studio with a laptop that ran too hot.
Since then, I’ve rehashed my goals, gave the ole girl a new name, and voila! Hey Shug was born!
‘Hey Shug‘ (short for Hey Sugar) is a common exclamation that my mama used to beckon me to our kitchen for supper in our cozy home in North Carolina.
I hope that what you find here is the same warmth and inspiration that I get from Food and Travels.
Some Fun(?) Jordan Facts:
– My favorite decades are the 50’s/60’s and my style icon is Bridgitte Bardot.
– I have the outline of Hogwarts tattooed above my right elbow.
– When I shoot film, I do it with my mom’s old Minolta that she brought with her to Egypt in the 80’s.
– I have two Holland Lop bunnies named after the Harry Potter spells ‘Nox’ and ‘Lumos’. (Yes, the HP obsession is real.)
– I married my best friend in a small medieval town in France called Noyers Sur Serein.
– My record collection involves mostly Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald and Dr Dre.
– I won Miss Congeniality in a beauty pageant when I was 16. Yet, in my Senior Yearbook, I was voted Class Clown.